Enjoying a little down time in Grenada!


As several of my friends have pointed out, there are worse things than being "stranded" in Grenada waiting for boat parts to arrive.  The first evening living aboard the Starry Night, I decided to go up on deck where the breeze was cool to do a little yoga at twilight. Sky painted pink and blue with sunset, and a couple of bright planets winking above made for a beautiful beginning to our life aboard.
 

 


Since snorkeling expeditions by boat have been put on hold for a week or so, Steve and I decided to check out the snorkeling action accessible from one of the nearby beaches.  Thanks to the power of the internet, I found a quiet, public beach tucked between two resorts about a mile from our marina - Magazine Beach.




The water was absolutely crystal clear and we saw plenty of life, including brain and staghorn coral, parrot fish, sergeant majors, yellow-tailed snapper, and beautiful red heart sea urchins. 

To top off the day, we went to the "Container Park" which is a food court of sorts near the campus of St. Georges's University, a medical school in Grenada. I spied Guava pastry on the menu of a Latin restaurant but was told they didn't have any that day.  When I expressed my disappointment, the kind woman with whom I spoke, told me that if I could wait 15 minutes or so, she'd make one for me!!  

It was a bit longer than 15 minutes, but totally worth the wait.  Piping hot, sweet guava filling inside flaky pastry....mmmm



One of Steve's culinary goals was also met this afternoon.  We stopped at one of the street vendors and got jerk chicken, hot off the grill and enjoyed it at a beautiful park near Grand Anse beach, a popular picnicking spot for the locals. 



We don't have an updated date for departure but are enjoying the adventure nonetheless!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Off to a Beautiful Start!

Family, Celebrations, Holidays and Other Happenings

March Madness Continues!